martes, 20 de diciembre de 2011

Antes de que busques un consejo financiero, deberias hacerte estas preguntas

Por: CF

Questions To Ask Yourself

Before seeking a financial adviser, you should think about your answers to these questions to better understand
your goals and preferences:
 … Why am I looking for an adviser?
 … What do I want most from an adviser?
 o Trade execution and portfolio monitoring?
 o In-depth active management and control?
 o Management of all of my assets and financial concerns?
 …
 What are my investment objectives?
 … What is/are my time horizon(s)?
 … What does risk mean to me? How much risk am I willing to take?
 … When will I need to draw money out?
 … What other special circumstances affect my investments?
 o Wealth transfer?
 o Tax situation?
 o Need for current income?
 … What kind of communication do I want with my adviser? 
 o Are my needs best met by formal reports, by telephone conversations, or by face-to-face meetings?
 o  Do I need an adviser who works nearby, or am I comfortable communicating with someone in
another location?
Setting the global standard for investment professionals
Important Questions
© 2010 CFA Institute 2
Questions To Ask a Financial Adviser
Interviewing potential advisers is absolutely appropriate. This list of questions will help you identify an appropriate,
well-qualified adviser who is committed to standards of ethical and professional conduct.
 … What is your educational background?  
 … What are your professional qualifications?
 … What is your employment history in the investment industry? 
 … What is your firm’s client turnover rate?
 … Are you a member of a professional association, such as CFA Institute?
 … What services do you offer? Retirement planning, investment planning, tax and estate services, insurance, etc.?
 … What is your fee structure?
 o  Do you make commissions on the products you sell or have an affiliation with any company whose
products you recommend? 
 … Have you ever been disciplined for unlawful or unethical actions in your professional career?  
 … What is your investment management approach? 
 … How will your approach help me reach my investment objectives?
 o What are the performance features, obligations, and risks of the investment you are proposing?  
 … What is your performance history? 
 … How often will you communicate with me?
 … What regular reports will I receive?
© 2010 CFA Institute 3
Questions an Adviser Should Ask You
It’s the adviser’s job to understand your investment objectives, tolerance for risk, investment constraints, and any
special needs. When meeting with or screening a prospective adviser, the questions he or she asks will tell you a
lot about his or her investment approach and how attentive he or she is going to be to you. Here are some questions
you should expect a financial adviser to ask as you develop your investment goals and strategy:
 … What are your investment goals?
 … What does “risk” mean to you?
 … What personal and professional circumstances affect your financial situation?
 … How much decline in your portfolio are you willing to accept in a given year?
 … What are your household income and current savings?
 … How will losses affect your lifestyle?
 … What is the time horizon for meeting your goals?
 … What amount of assets do you want me to manage?
 … What is your tax situation?
 … Do you work with other advisers, such as an accountant or estate attorney? Do you need these services?
 … Do you have any tax or legal strategies in place that affect your investments?
 … May we coordinate with your other advisers?
 … How much communication do you like to have with your wealth manager?

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario